Are you a busy, working mom? Or just busy? Who isn’t? Working out of the house part-time, I definitely love quick, easy, healthy, family friendly meals! Meatloaf is one of our favorites! It’s easy to prepare, doesn’t take long to cook and is also a comfort food.
This is a recipe that I came up with and have been making variations of for years. I have made meatloaf in an actual loaf pan before and I definitely prefer using a muffin tin, plus the kids love the idea of meatloaf ‘muffins’.
It’s as simple as mixing all the ingredients together, spooning the mixture into a muffin tin & baking.
I didn’t have any cracker or bread crumbs the last time I made these, so I used Organics brand Wheat Squares Cereal and just crushed them up and it worked well.
- 1 1/2 lbs of grass fed ground yak (can substitute lean ground beef)
- 1/4 cup cracker or bread crumbs
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 2 gloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp dried or fresh parsley
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- salt & pepper to taste
- Put ground beef in large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well with your hands.
- Spoon the meat mixture into muffin pan.
- Bake at 350* for 26-28 minutes, or until no longer pink.
- *can serve with your choice of bbq sauce or ketchup for dipping.